Updated: Apr 6
Unfortunately, a lot of businesses are impacted by the COVID-19 in one way or another. There are resources many business owners might not be aware of yet. One of the ways I like to give back to the community is by being a business consultant for the Larimer Small Business Development Center or SBDC. I’m not claiming to be an expert, but have compiled a list of some resources available to businesses. Information is changing often, so please check the SBDC page often. Below are links to four pages with lots of great information.
1) Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade https://choosecolorado.com/covid19/ This page is updated often, and you can sign up for the COVID-19 email updates as well as access the COVID-19 Hotline number. You can also access economic related COVID-19 announcements, featured programs, small business and industry specific resources, public health updates, and several social channels suggested such as Twitter and Facebook.
2) Colorado Small Business Development Center Preparedness and Continuity. https://www.coloradosbdc.org/covid/. Here you can find information about the following topics:
· SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
· SBA Express Bridge Loans
· Small Business Emergency EIDL Grants
· Paycheck Protection Loans
· Small Business Debt Relief Program
· Payroll Tax Credits
· Payroll Tax Deferral
· State and federal resources guide
· Other provisions
3) The City of Fort Collins have added several great resources as well, such as information about the deferment of the Qualified Businesses for sales tax payments for 60 Days, and more. You can find more updated information at fcgov.com/business.
4) The Larimer County Small Business Development Center https://larimersbdc.org/sba-disaster-loan-link-information/ has a lot of the information mentioned above, but you can also schedule a virtual, confidential and free appointment with an SBDC consultant (English or Spanish), and also access the list of Small Business Associations Express Lenders in Colorado. In addition, you can get information about three micro lenders in Colorado such as Colorado Enterprise Fund, Dream Spring, and Colorado Lending Source. You can learn more about the Fort Collins Small Business Relief and Recovery Loan Fund, as well at grants for small businesses, and for non-profits.
If you find resources that have been helpful for your business, please don't hesitate to share it here. I hope all the businesses needing help right now can access the resources available to them, and hopefully we get to go back to our normal activities very soon. Stay safe!!!